Things we’ve learnt this week (some serious, some not so serious, and in no particular order):
- 1 hour 45 minutes for a flight connection is cutting it fine.
- The needs and challenges we have encountered half way around the world are also evident much closer to home.
- How to screen print.
- The integrity of relationships amongst street kids is inspiring and challenging to our own.
- 9 minus 2 does not equal 6…
- There is a perspective changing story behind each individual’s circumstance.
- It is ok to applaud your own jokes.
- Investing just a little time can make a big difference.
- Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own – Proverbs 26:17
- “When it comes to heaven we are all disabled because none of us can get there without the cross” – Randy, house director of Cornerstone (home for physically and mentally disabled) and elder at ODF.
- There is a hymn called ‘The Cleansing Wave’.
- Everybody needs to hear the gospel – from street kids in Downtown Denver to the ‘beautiful’ people of Aspen and Vail.
- Despite the intensity & heart break of much of what we have seen and heard, it is possible to enjoy fun & laughter with each other and many we have met, as well as fellowship with other believers.
- Sweet potato and potato are NOT the same thing.
- First hand experience offers insight and experience that no amount of stories or explanations can portray.
Peace out y’all.